Black market CBD vaping device blamed for death in Belgium

November 19, 2019

An 18-year-old has become the first person to die of vaping in Belgium after authorities blamed his respiratory failure on e-cigarette use, according to a report in The Brussels Times.

The vaper, who lived in Brussels, died on Nov. 6 after using a device with cannabidiol (CBD), a popular and legal hemp component with mild soothing properties that is also sold on the black market mixed with illicit and dangerous products.

“The link with the electronic cigarette is established,” said Health Minister Maggie De Block when questioned in Belgian parliament. “There is no other explanation for such severe pneumonia in this patient.”

The case follows an outbreak of vaping-related hospitalizations and deaths in the United States that have been mostly blamed on vitamin E acetate, a thickening agent in vaping oil.

Category: Breaking News

(Originally posted by GTNF Trust)
Cannabis credentials approved for Global Labs
Apple ditches vaping apps

Related Posts



No comments made yet. Be the first to submit a comment
Already Registered? Login Here
Friday, 17 January 2020


Follow Us on Twitter

Follow Us On Twitter - Image